Bolton School is committed to making the information and resources that it provides via the web accessible to all users. We aim to be standards compliant and follow general principles of usability and universal design, which should help all visitors to this website.
By using techniques to help users of assistive and adaptive technologies, we have provided one version of the site which everyone should be able to use.
To help users navigate through the site, we have implemented keyboard shortcuts called access keys. Keyboard shortcuts are intended to help users who have difficulty in using pointing devices such as a mouse.
The following information details each of the keyboard shortcut commands available to you:
 Accessibilty (this page)
[1-9] Menu Items along the top
[A] First Item of Menu Items down the left hand side
[B-Z] Main Menu Headers down the left hand side (please use [TAB] to access Sub-Headers Items)
[/] Toggle between Showing and Hiding Access Keys
[TAB] Moves to the next item
Shift + [TAB] Moves to the previous item
Depending on your browser type use one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key, then press ENTER.
- Internet Explorer 4: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Internet Explorer 5+ for Mac: Hold down the CTRL key and select the number/letter of the access key
- Internet Explorer 4.5 for Mac: Access keys are not supported.
- Netscape 6+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Netscape earlier versions: Access keys are not supported.
- Mozilla: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
We intend to continue improving our accessibility, so if you have any difficulty accessing this site and require further help, or if you have any suggestions to help improve our accessibility, please email us at the address below.